Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme
The Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme allows prescribed organisations to share information to assess and manage family violence risk.
Prescribed organisations, called information sharing entities (ISEs), include but are not limited to:
- Children’s Court of Victoria
- Corrections Victoria
- Department of Health and Human Services – Child Protection
- Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
- Victoria Police
When a request is made, an ISE may share information for family violence risk assessment and protection purposes.
See the Victorian Government website for more information about the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme.
Making a request
If you are a prescribed risk assessment entity (RAE) or ISE, and need information from the Magistrates’ Courts or Children's Court of Victoria, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information in your email request:
- your name and job title
- if you are an RAE or a general ISE as prescribed in the Family Violence Protection (Information Sharing and Risk Management) Regulations 2018
- if you are an RAE, state the purpose of your request. That is whether you need information for a risk assessment or protection purpose
- the name of the person subject to the request, and whether they are the victim survivor, perpetrator, alleged perpetrator, third party or a child
- details of any related parties
- if the matter is urgent.
Information Sharing Team
Family Violence Policy and Practice Unit
Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
Phone: (03) 7004 9761
This is not a full list of legislation associated with this topic. See the Victorian Government's legislation website for more information.