Become a court officer at the Magistrates' Court of Victoria
Do you have a law degree and are interested in the Victorian courts to kick-start your legal career?
The Magistrates’ Court of Victoria is recruiting court officers for a two-year program supporting judicial officers in the management and coordination of their judicial, ceremonial and administrative duties.
As a court officer you will
- be based in Melbourne CBD
- provide personalised support to a judicial officer to assist in the management and coordination of their judicial, ceremonial and administrative responsibilities
- facilitate and manage court proceedings online and in court
- work collaboratively with teams from the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court and Online Magistrates’ Court
- liaise with coordinators, family violence and specialist courts and program staff to ensure timely assessment of matters.
You are a recent law graduate with:
- the ability to communicate and speak clearly and concisely when providing information or responding to others
- strong listening skills and the ability to adjust communication style and messages to ensure clarity of understanding
- attention to detail
- the ability to work co-operatively with team members and court stakeholders.
The court is an equal opportunity employer, embracing diversity of people and skills. The court welcomes applications from those entering the professional job market for the first time.
If you would like to discuss your suitability for this role, please contact MCVLegalPolicyUnit@courts.vic.gov.au